Sunday, July 28, 2013

The strange invitation

Lewis was tired of the city life and decided to take a sabbatical. He rented out a place in the remote countryside and moved in with his dog, wanting to enjoy the peace and the quiet. He would make fortnightly visits to the local grocery store for all that he needed for himself and his dog.

After four months of seclusion, he heard a knock on the door. When he opened it, he saw a funny-looking guy with a big mustache standing there. The guy said, "The name's Swen. I am your neighbor from six miles down the creek. I am having a party this weekend..thought you would like to join in."

"Sure," replied Lewis. "It's been long since I socialized with anyone, would love to meet the town folks. Thanks for the invitation."

Swen said, "Lemme warn you, though, there's gonna be some drinkin'."

"Not a problem." said Lewis. "Guess I can handle that."

Swen warned, "And some fightin' too."

Lewis said, "I do manage to get along with people. No worries."

Swen was about to leave and then he turned again to say, "You can expect some wild love making too."

"I don't have a problem with that!" Lewis says. "I've been alone for a long time. I will certainly come. Thank you." Then adds, "By the way, what should I wear?"

Swen replies casually,"Anything you like. It's gonna be just the two of us, unless you want to bring your dog along."