Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Humor in uniform-Three Day Pass

Jacob Adler had just enlisted in the Israeli Army. Monday morning, he reported for duty. He became Private Adler.
The next day, he learned that his best friend had moved his wedding to that weekend, so he asked his Commanding Officer for a three day Pass.
"Are you crazy?" the CO replied. "You just enlisted and you already want a three day pass? You will have to do something spectacular for that recognition! " he added. He then walked away.
Later that day, Private Adler came back in an Arab tank. The CO ran out to greet him.
"I can't believe it!" he said. "You've captured an Arab tank! How did you do it?"
"Let's just say I used what I got up here," the private answered, tapping the side of his head.
"Ah, won't share your secrets, huh?" the CO said. "Well, good going, Private. You've certainly earned your three day pass!"
All excited, the CO jumped in the tank and drove it to the base headquarters. Private Adler started toward his barrack.
"Jacob! Wait up!" his friend called out as he ran up to him. He caught up with the private. "How did you do it?" he asked.
Private Adler looked around and then answered, "It was like this. I jumped in a tank and drove it to the Arab border. I saw an Arab tank on the other side, so I popped my head out and raised a white flag to get his attention. When the Arab soldier popped his head out of his tank, I said, "Hey! Do you want to get a three day pass?" He said,
"Yes!" I said, "Me too!" So we switched tanks!"